Blog Archive

9.12.2009

You Can Touch Nature, and Nature Can Touch You


That was a line from the textbook we went over in class last week. What are they teaching these kids?

Anyways, like I said I have been trying to reconnect with nature and trying to understand the Japanese relationship with nature as well. So far its proved too early to move beyond cursing the ridiculous recycling system and crying at the whale meat in the supermarket. Unfortunately my efforts are being mocked by one mosquito. The past 5 nights at exactly 5am, it comes and buzzes right in my ear. I feel like I am being bullied. I even hide completely under the covers and it still will come back right where my ear is. I hear it coming and it makes me nervous. Then I hide. Anxiety rises. I swat like a mental patient at the air and it comes back as soon as I lie back down. This. is. war.

There are also a lot of crows here. I used to hate them too, because they get really loud early in the morning. It sounds like they are eating their babies. But after watching this:
I am intrigued. I also think it is an interesting coincidence that Japan has a lot of vending machines. I would like a pet crow. For those of you that don't know, last year my roommate brought a pigeon home. We had him for one month. His name was Mr. Henry and I miss him, God rest his soul.

Some nature on nature action

No comments:

Post a Comment